Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's Been Too Long!

I cannot believe it's been over a month since I updated this blog! We have been very busy, as usual, but the major thing has been bouts of sickness that circulated and circulated and...circulated. I was beginning to think we had a plague! One child would get better, only to have another come down with it. Everyone got sick, including little Joshua. He ended up with a cold which progressed to a double ear infection. :( The doctor wanted to give him the antibiotic shots as they work quicker than the oral meds, so he got his first dose of that. We went on a wild goose chase to obtain the oral antibiotics and hours later had them in our hands, only to find out they didn't really seem to get rid of it. Poor Joshua had to get poked two more times, over two days with the antibiotic shot. He was a trooper, though, and is now back to drinking his bottles and chuckling when I chuckle and just generally being cute.

Photos to come in another post! :)

7 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Oh, being from a large family, I remember when we would all get sick....either that....or one would get sick and about the time they were getting better and my mother could take a breath, the next one would get sick! I pray you ALL get well and stay well!!!

I admire you because I just don't know how you do it and you make it seem easy! Do you ever just sit down and cry?

Rebecca said...

Howdy friend. Glad to hear from you and look forward to the photos. Been needing to write you-I need some serious advice now that I find myself living in your shoes with a husband often not home.

Mainly-how DO you do it? Well, not how you DO it, but how you do it HAPPILY? In a GODLY way? The latter part is the part I am having a hard time with...

Anyway. Once I get my rear in gear, a letter will be forthcoming. ;-)

Michelle said...

Nancy, I sure do... I sure do. I don't know a mother alive that hasn't done that sometimes. My grandma had 6 children also and would tell a story of when she would get tired of the craziness, she'd go to the end of the driveway to get the mail and sit in the woods to read it for some peace and quiet. :)

I am so, so thankful for our church family here, our neighbors, and the squadron wives. They've been the biggest blessings.

Michelle said...

Rebecca,

I am looking forward to that letter! I've been thinking I owe you one, too. ;)

my family said...

Hi Michelle!

I just wanted you to know that I am more than thrilled about your newest upcoming addition to your family. I have been Bogdans warrior for over a year and have been praying hard for this day to come. I had a friend email me on valentine's day to say he is on the MFFM page...big tears of joy and lot of praises to God, the best day EVER. My children "check" on Bogdan daily and were so happy when I picked them up from school to say he was getting a family!(my youngest of course asked if it was us, lol)

Id love to help you in any way bringing your guy home. Please let me know what I can do to help:) ALso can I direct my blog readers to you (I will wait for your answer before I do) ?
You can email me at narrettog@yahoo.com

April

Abigail said...

Yes, blog more!

Especially now that I've read that last comment, BLOG MORE!

My wheels are turning, and if I'm rightly imagining what (WHO?!) you, Dave, and your children are journeying toward, then congratulations!!!

What incredible news!

Michelle said...

Hey Abby! :)

I think your wheels might be turning in the right direction!