Wednesday, December 28, 2011

First Rice Cereal!!

When the speech therapist came out last time, she wanted to test out how well Joshua did with some solid food and a spoon. He did fairly well, but did poke some out. As I remember, pretty much all of my kids did that at this age (6 months) a bit, too, so I am not that worried. The pediatrician wants me to keep at it with the solids, especially since Joshua has not been gaining weight as quickly as they think he should. Our whole family just got over a 3 week bout of sickness that circulated through all of us, so no wonder why the poor kid didn't want to eat very much! He was so snuffly that he could not drink his bottle very well because he couldn't breathe and eat with his nose blocked up! He is doing much better now, so I broke out some more wall paper paste rice cereal for him.



Even though the cereal was "eh" to Joshua, he always has time to smile at his friends on the swing mobile! :)


This last photo says it all, "No more, please, mama!"

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

That last photo makes me smile. What a cutie! And what a great milestone considering that just yesterday, it seems, he had a feeding tube because he couldn't even deal with a bottle! Yay Joshua!

Our whole family just got sick too and I just PRAYING it doesn't last three weeks! Hope you are all well now!

nancygrayce said...

Love the "wall paper paste!" That is exactly what it looks like and I'm not sure what it tastes like because I just couldn't bring myself to try it when my kids were babies 100 or so years ago!

Jennifer said...

That last picture is too cute for words!! Love it!

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!! I love seeing all your Angel Tree ornaments - how fun!! :) We're excited to bring our sweet girls home!!

Michelle said...

Thank you all for leaving comments! :) Silly me forgot I turned on comment moderation (which I have never had before) and then I came across a bunch of comments I needed to approve. Haha! I loved reading them all at once.

Nancy, I have tried the baby cereals, because it is my policy to try everything that the kids do (even formula). I want to taste what they have to taste. I have often apologized to my babies, telling them I would make the same face. With Matthew (my first), I actually picked up some baby food pureed meats. Oh my word! I get the shivers just thinking about how they taste... Baby bananas are kind of creepy tasting, too! :P

MOM said...

Loved all the photos of little "J"--you can tell in his little face that he's a sweet baby -- I love his expressions, esp. the last one!! I've eaten stuff that made me get that SAME expression too!

Krista said...

What an adorable little man. So glad I found you through Patti's facebook. A little late but welcome to the family.

Full of Grace said...

It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity (and desire to be honest) to blog hop..Joshua is such a dear, i LOVED that last photo of him, too too cute! :)