Monday, June 4, 2007

Hot, Sweaty and Clammy

Those are words I think describe how I have been feeling the past week or so. Here comes the heat! I am not a heat-lovin' gal by any means. In fact, when we were out in beautiful Monterey, CA, I think I found the perfect climate for me. It rarely went above 80 and being seaside provided those wonderful breezes.

God has us where we are now, though, so I had best make do with it! :) We hauled out the fans and I am trying not to pester my husband to get an air conditioner right yet...

The town we live in had our "all over town" yard sales this past Saturday. It was so steamy hot that day, but I was glad to see some of our "junk" go! We didn't make a huge killing off of it, but my best find was a handbag to resell on EBay. That is how our family yard sales, since we don't really NEED anything at the moment. Dave, especially, looks for the deals to resell. Dave stayed here, manning our sale with our oldest son, while I took the younger two and my mom and we buzzed around. I did find a few things I was on the hunt for: a metal spatula (mine broke) and a sprinkler for the kids to play in. Not terribly exciting, but it made me happy!

Things around here have been so busy lately, and the kitchen renovations have been put on hold for a while. Two weekends ago, we were up in MA, visiting relatives for a whirlwind tour. This past weekend was the yard sale, and now this coming Saturday, there is a presbytery meeting at our church that is very important for us to attend. Our cabinets come early July, so hopefully things slow down and Dave and my stepdad can get back to work on that kitchen!

Baby #4 has been baking wonderfully. My insidious pelvic pain has come back full force, however. :( This time I got smart. Actually, some friends of ours introduced us to a chiropractor about 40 minutes from us who only charges $35 per family! She has helped me so much with my carpal tunnel problems, and now I am seeing her for the pelvic pain. She not only adjusts, but also gives info as to how you can make things better yourself. It seems to be helping with the pelvic pain somewhat, so that is encouraging.

This past Thursday, I was out front putting down peat moss in our huge garden, when I saw a minivan slow somewhat on our road. I looked up, wondering what they were slowing for. They had hit one of our hens, and barely slowed (probably wondering what it was), saw it was only a chicken, and went speeding on! I ran across the road and scooped her up out of the ditch. She didn't have any blood, and it looked like she got bumped by the car, not hit head on. I put her into the coop with food and water. Guess what? She is still alive today! She seems to be getting better each day, too, and eats and drinks. I now know where the term "tough old bird" comes from! haha

No comments: