My brother got married. There, I typed it. I thought it would never happen. Thankfully, he has settled down! :)
He and his now wife Kelly got married this past Saturday down near Scranton. Dave, the kids and I drove down there the day of and got horribly lost. We ended up circling around in some shady trailer park and meeting up with more relatives who had gotten directed by the fine Mapquest to that same shady trailer park. It is really funny now that I think of it, but wasn't so much at the time, as we were only about 1/2 an hour away from the start of the ceremony and I had to read a scripture verse!
We made it to the church fine, and it was a very nice ceremony. After that, we went with one of my aunts and her kids back to their hotel room to chat for a bit before the reception and open-what else? More presents! This is how I grew up. Christmas lasted practically a week. My poor kids will think the same, LOL!
Then, we headed to the reception area. It was quite a mixture of music as Kelly's family is part Italian and ours is part Polish. Polkas and Italian music! :D The kids did a great job, too, as it was a long time before they got to eat. They inhaled all the salads that people didn't want. I am thankful they like their veggies! The best thing of the evening, I think, was seeing Matthew get out on the dance floor. That boy LOVES to dance!!
We left the reception around 10:30 p.m. and didn't get home until midnight. Whew.
All that to say, when new year's eve came, we were not really in the festive mood! We made it a very low key day and went to bed early.
Welcome, 2008!
3 comments:
Sounds like a whirlwind Christmas!!! Our New Years was very similar to yours :) Happy New Year to You!!!
Here's to a restful January and February to make up for your whirlwind! What a time. It sounds fun, though, and it's easy to see that Matthew really enjoyed himself!
I've tagged you again! :)
http://www.reformedfarmerswife.christianagrarian.com/?p=161
Post a Comment