Monday, October 27, 2008

Homeschool Projects-Edible Egypt

We're doing Year 1 Tapestry of Grace homeschool curriculum (along with pk 4/5 Sonlight!), and they learned all about ancient Egypt. One of the crafts was to make a salt dough map of Egypt. I thought that was an awful lot of salt and mess to go through for something that we can't bring with us when we move. So, I decided to make edible Egypt "maps" that the kids could "paint" the Nile and cities on with frosting. Chocolate chips were the pyramids. Mmmm... Everyone liked that idea, even Rachel!





The boys busily building the Nile, the desert and the cities...




Rachel approves!




The boys busy decorating their sugar cookie maps of Egypt.




Rachel enjoying a few "pyramids".




The finished project and the happy builders!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

SO cool! I love this idea, and I think you're brilliant to turn it into an edible project instead. Really, they learn the same thing either way, only one is more yummy and you don't have to lug it about or find a place to store it (I would store it right in my hips).