I saw this idea online somewhere, of making cupcakes, then decorating them to look like flowers. I found some strawberry flavored marshmallows and cut them in half to make petals. Sprinkles were used in the middle of the flowers, and green tinted frosting as the grass and stems. We had raspberry ice cream along with it.
Everything went down pretty easily, except for the marshmallows. The kids didn't really like those!
I think the boys got over the pink theme... ;)
The cake!
Blowing out the candles...
Can you believe I found this play kitchen on the side of road where we used to live, ready to be picked up by the trashmen? All it took was a good hosing off to make it look almost brand new. We bought some plastic dishes for her to use, and she loved it!
Rachel with her birthday gift from Grammy and Grampy-a doll that Grandma Jane had sewn a long time ago. :)
1 comment:
Wow! What an awesome find! I haven't had any good roadside treasures in a loooooongtime! What a score!
And I *LOVE* that birthday (cup)cake idea! That is so awesome, I am totally stealing it!
Post a Comment