Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Busy Week

There have been lots of appointments and running around for us this week. The whole family recently got over colds, but for some of us, including Joshua, the coughing has lingered. I finally set up an appointment at the pediatrician to bring him in "just to see". I am more concerned for him when things like this happen due to his heart.

The pediatrician agreed that it was good to bring him in. She said he was doing some chest retractions, but I mentioned that he often does that. I don't know if that is really good or bad... She had them check for RSV, which was negative, and also ordered a chest x-ray at the local hospital. She said she'd call if there was a reason for concern, and I haven't heard from her so hopefully that means no news is good news.

His weight has also started to level off and he has gone back to taking upwards of an hour to finish a 6-6.5 ounce bottle. Sometimes, he doesn't even finish it. I think to myself, well, if I am all stuffed up, I wouldn't want to drink a whole bottle full of thickened milk, either! She wants me to bring him in Friday for a weight check and if he doesn't gain weight, then they will try to boost the calories of his formula. She mentioned vegetable oil, blah! If *that* doesn't work, then we're looking at the NG tube again. :(

When I bring him in to be weighed this Friday, I am going to make sure that they are plotting the weight on his Down syndrome chart, not the typical child one. He may still be well within the normal limits on the DS chart. However, his weight dropping off on any chart still isn't very good. :(

Please pray that he will start drinking more, and soon!!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

My sister's youngest twin is still only 13 pounds at almost 20 months of age, so I'll have to add Joshua to those prayers for little ones to pack on weight.

Every ounce counts, little guy! Drink up!