My mom and stepdad got him some books and a small calculator, since we all know that Stephen is obsessed with numbers and letters. He tapped away on that the rest of the evening! It sure was a hit. :)
Monday, April 16, 2007
Belated Birthday Celebration
We decided to put off Stephen's birthday party until Saturday, due to the flu hitting our whole family on Easter Sunday. We were still not up to par on Saturday by any means, but managed to stuff ourselves with cake, ice cream, and pizza. My mom and stepdad came over to join in on the fun, too. Here are some photos of the cake. I dyed marzipan and made all sorts of little critters to top the cake, plus vines, leaves, and his name. I was going to make "Happy Birthday" also, but there wasn't enough room! He thought it was very fun, and it was a good way to perk up everyone's spirits after being locked up in the house all week.
My mom and stepdad got him some books and a small calculator, since we all know that Stephen is obsessed with numbers and letters. He tapped away on that the rest of the evening! It sure was a hit. :)


My mom and stepdad got him some books and a small calculator, since we all know that Stephen is obsessed with numbers and letters. He tapped away on that the rest of the evening! It sure was a hit. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That cake is TOO cool! I LOVe the caterpillars! What a fabulous idea! Now, I have to ask because I have always been curious...do you have a recipe for marzipan? Is it something you can make at home easily or is it better just to buy it-and if so, where?
Happy birthday Stephen!
Michelle,
I have to agree- Stephen's cake is really the coolest! I LOVE IT :) Hope Stephen's birthday was a blast, and hope you are all feeling much better!
Thanks for the compliments on the cake! It was fun to make. :) You know, I have never even thought to look up a recipe for marzipan. I just bought it. I know it is almond paste, so you would have to go about getting almonds and grinding them to a paste, etc. It is almost like angel food cake-for the amount of egg whites you would go through to make it yourself, you just might as well buy the mix! ;)
Elizabeth- Yes, we are all finally feeling MUCH better! I cannot believe how long it hung on for... I am still coughing now, but nothing anywhere near as bad as before.
I LOVE the cake! The colors and design are perfect.
Well done.
MArzipan's easy to make, but expensive. I've never made it, but I do have a recipe I look at occasionally! :)
Happy belated birthday, Stephen!
Post a Comment