Today is my oldest's 5th birthday. How did that happen?! Late last night, I had the idea of blowing up a number of balloons and writing the number "5" in bold, black marker on them. I then opened the door to the boys' room and gently tossed them in. This morning, while laying in bed, I awoke to the ooooing and ahhhing sounds of little boys who had discovered the brightly colored treasures strewn along the floor. They tossed them down the stairs and have been playing with them all day, even Timothy who has managed to pop two before naptime. :)
We took a jaunt to the local park and the boys enjoyed playing on the swings and slides. Timothy, much to my dismay, does NOT like the bucket swings. He clings to me desperately and screeches every time I try to let go. No fun!
There is a nice track around our park, so I brought the lumpy double stroller along to finally be able to take a walk. The road we live on is pretty busy for a rural area, with tractor trailer trucks and all sorts of vehicles barreling along, so I don't dare to take walks with the kids during the day. All other available roads seem to be set at a 90 degree incline, so I pass at those, too!
On one side of the park, there is a small drain that allows the water that seeps from an underground spring to flow out of the grass. Matthew and Stephen love to check this out, and today Matthew asked many questions about springs. I remembered a spring near a lake not too far from the park, so after we piled back in all sweaty and pink-cheeked, I drove to the spring and the boys filled their sippy cups and I filled my large cup with the sweet water. If only the stuff that came out of our tap was this yummy!
After that, we came back home for lunch and now, a delicious nap for the kids and downtime for me! Tonight, we are having a small get-together with my mom and stepdad. The menu is hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, french fries, and a tossed salad. On a day like today, the grill just begs to be fired up! Oh yes-cake and ice cream, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment