Monday, May 21, 2007

Peppermint and Lemon Balm Soaking

It smelled wonderful!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Very cool.

Is this lemon balm and peppermint that you started yourself? If so, you just depressed me. The herbs I started still look like cowardly weaklings. They wouldn't even fill the bottom of a jam jar...

Michelle said...

Hi, Abby! Well, I will make you feel better. No, I didn't start these by myself. I got them as small plants from a nursery. :) I did start some catnip from seed last yr, and it is coming back up, but I think any kind of mint would have no problems growing! What kinds of herbs did you get? If one is lavender, that is very hard to start from seed. I tried it last yr, and it looked really weak and miserable. I only got about 10 to germinate, and that was after having them sit in the refrigerator for 6wks, babying them! I will never do them from seed again!