Something old: the "old" kitchen.
Something new: FRESH PAINT!!
We have finally begun to paint the "old" kitchen. We painted the ceiling, as well as the walls and what a difference it makes! I decided to get a peachy tan color (which, alas, doesn't show up well in these photos...) because it will go with pretty much whatever other color you want to throw at it. I am hoping that the next family that moves in here will be pleased with it.
My stepdad also fixed the front door so it is more secure. We still need to strip the paint off of it and repaint it. I admit that I am skittish about that, especially since there are many, many layers of old paint on the door (think "Gobstopper"!) and who knows if there is lead paint in there. Maybe I have been reading too many reports about lead paint from China, but I know it is a concern when you buy an old house, and old house this is. We are debating about using a natural paint stripping liquid. Hopefully, that will work just as well.
Then, it is off to put flooring down, do molding around windows and doors, etc. Who knew ONE room could take so long! We are also looking at finishing up the pantry... Whew!
There is a man who might be interested in the house. He is up for the hunting season, and might be stopping in this week to take a peek. Please pray that this goes without a hitch! We would love to avoid a realtor, yet we also would love to sell this place to someone who would take care of it. The housing market is already so saturated!
No comments:
Post a Comment