I have tried to think up a new plan of attack for this: THE CHORE CHART. (I thought I would never type those words!)
It seemed while every mama I knew was buying MOTH I was snickering that I didn't need such a thing, that I "couldn't function that way, with such a rigid schedule"! I think the rigidity of the whole thing was pushing me away from any sort of chart, but I have learned you can adapt things to YOUR life. Just because it is written one way in some book doesn't mean you need to implement it that same exact way!
So, I drew up a makeshift MOTH plan. I listed each day of the week, and put regular things to do on each day. Sundays here are days of rest, not run around days or catch up with chores days. Dishes will be done as needed then, and other emergency things as they pop up. This is a loose "chart", with room for exceptions.
Our makeshift MOTH plan goes as such:
Monday: clean bathrooms upstairs and down (2X/month clean shower and tub)
Tuesday: vacuum downstairs, laundry (wash, fold, put away)
Wednesday: full clean kitchen (spot clean floor, sweep, wipe down fridge and cabinets, etc- 1x/month clean out fridge of ickies)
Thursday- vacuum, laundry
Friday- living room/carpet room full clean (this means straighten bookshelves and other random papers, look under/in couches, etc)
Saturday- vacuum upstairs as well as downstairs, laundry
Sunday- day of rest, emergency clean up as needed
There are other things that are dailies, such as: dishes, put away toys, everyone make beds (we'll let Timothy and Rachel slide, as Timo has just a crib and Rach only a pack and play!), children bring dishes to sink after each meal and clean their respective spots-chairs and table, sweep kitchen floor.
I think this is a pretty reasonable list. There isn't so much on any given day as to swamp me and make me toss the list to the chickens. I think I can handle it. :D
2 comments:
Alright, enough with the spurring Abigail to greater heights of motherhood! (I really should start something like this, too...)
I can't live without a cleaning schedule. I rarely keep it perfectly, but without one I get NOTHING done.
Post a Comment