"It is a bad bug, Matthew, called a scorion. Where did you find it?"
"It was on the computer desk, then it fell on the computer chair right next to Stephen. I picked it up by the tail and it dropped down on the floor."
(silently shrieking in my head that he picked it up BY THE TAIL.)
I found a small glass jar to capture it in and tried to take the best photos I could. Sorry for the quality, but I wasn't about to let that thing out!
After looking it up on the internet, I found out that the only type(s) of scorpions that are deadly to people are located west of the Rockies. The other types, however, deliver a sting similar to wasp's but a touch more painful. So I have heard!
3 comments:
Hi! Michelle,
Thought I would comment just once down here. Love the pictures of the field trips. These seemed very interesting. I always enjoyed field trips. it was the ride to get there that I hated.
Enjoyed the kid pitures,too. The ones of the "studious students" are nice. Glad that they are interested in learning. I think you are wise at their young ages to go with their interest. They most likely will learn more that way.
Hope all is well. Bye for now. Hi! to David
Love,
Louise
YIKES!
I guess there are benefits to living in NY!
I'm glad that Ike didn't hit you guys too hard. I thought about you during that time and hoped you were far from the action.
(Our most common insect indoors is the box elder bug. A wee bit more pleasant than scorpions.) Yikes, again!
Post a Comment