Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rachel!

Rachel had a great 2nd birthday party. I attempted to make a "doll cake" for her, with the cake being the dress. I purchased a Barbie doll and noticed that she was way too tall for the bundt cake that I was going to make, which meant I had to make a double batch of homemade carrot cake as well as cream cheese frosting! It still was...interesting, but no one gave a hoot, as everyone wanted to EAT it, not stare at it. I will keep this in mind when I feel that Martha Stewart guilt creeping in for not making things "just so"! :)

She got several gifts in the mail, and we also bought her a Little Tykes shopping cart that all of the kids (with exception of Matthew) fight for turns over.

Dave brought the rest of the cake into work a few days later, as there was so much. However, now as I am typing this, I really wish I had a thick slice of it before me!! :P









No comments: