Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Beginnings

It has taken a big move to give me a big push to start up the 'ol blog again. I mainly want to keep in touch with friends and family, especially with us being so far away and on the move as well shall be.

Here are some photos from Dave's graduation from OTS. Funny how I don't have any photos of the actual trip down there! It was, hmmm... a little BUSY to say the least! I think Dave's stepmom and I kept awake by popping Starbuck's chocolate covered espresso beans (now those could convince me to be a coffee lover!). We made the trip in two days, leaving PA Thursday around 10:30 a.m. and arriving Friday in Montgomery, AL around midnight. Whew!

We stayed in a lovely hotel called the Embassy Suites. I would highly recommend that for anyone passing through there. There was an indoor pool (perfect since the humidity was killer there) and the scent of the soaps/lotions/shampoo/conditioner was heavenly. I could seriously sniff that all day.

Without further ado, here are the photos:



While in Montgomery, we took a trolley ride. Dave still had things to wrap up on base, so we thought this would be fun! The kids, however, were a little bit wary of it. Note Stephen's face!




Timothy wasn't so sure about it all, either...




I think they warmed up. Stephen actually started clapping while we were rolling along! :)





Look at the poor kid. I didn't take photos of the rest of us, but, trust me, we all looked like that by the end of the day. We were very glad to go back to the hotel and jump in the pool to cool off!

No comments: