This past Friday, I loaded the boys into the van and met my friend Leah at the Oakdale Mall for the annual farm show they have there. As I was loading the boys into the van, my stepdad came pulling into the driveway to deliver some plywood we're using to cover the floor in the old kitchen. He asked me where we were going, then proceeded to say, "Did you know that they're forecasting around a foot of snow?" Hmmm. I didn't know they were forecasting that much. I didn't want to ditch Leah at the mall, so I decided to proceed... As we drove closer to the mall, the snow got thicker and more intense... In retrospect, maybe we shouldn't have gone, but we still had a lot of fun (at least while IN the mall)
The drive home was a different story. I must have gone about 50 MPH the whole way home, and sometimes even less than that. I was praying hard the whole way home, while passing 4 or so accidents and numerous state plows with unforgiving sharp edges. Never was I so glad to be home...
Here are some photos from our day there. The boys had a lot of fun and got some freebies like milk, cheese, candy (what a combo!), and coloring books.
3 comments:
I'm surprized I didn't run into you there, because Samuel and I went for an hour also (but we left by 10:30 for the exact reason you were talking about, the SNOW!) I'm so glad we left when we did, because even then the roads were starting to get a bit slick! Anyhow, your and my blog look pretty similar right now :)
Hmmmm...I must be going nutty. I just posted a comment and it didn't go through...
Anyway-basically, it said...
I MISS THE FARMSHOW! :-)
Glad you and the boys were kept safe in your travels and that the kiddos got to have some QT time with each other over animals. Such fun!
Did you say candy?!?! I knew I should have gone...
Post a Comment