Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ultrasound Day

Yesterday, I had my 20 wk. ultrasound, you know, the "BIG" one where you can find out if the baby is a girl or a boy. I felt bad because Dave couldn't come along, and I instead brought a 14 yr. old girl along for the ride. I was bummed that Dave wouldn't be the first to find out, but he insisted that he was not upset.

I always love these ultrasounds, for several reasons. The first one has to be the ability to find out what the baby is. Call me snoopy, but I sure love to find that out if possible! :) Yes, yes, they may make a mistake. So far all three of my boys were very obvious. This one was very obvious, too, as the technician was able to get a peek 3-4 times and she was very certain of the conclusion she came to. The second reason has to be that you don't have to drink as much water as the first ultrasound and your bladder doesn't feel like it is going to burst all over the room!

What conclusion did the technician come to??





IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





After three boys, this is a treat. Of course, we would be happy if the baby was another boy, but this is fun. Dave is excited and so am I. Everyone seems very excited, in fact. The only reservation I have is the inevitable comments about "Well, now you have your girl so you can stop!" I pray that I will have the grace to respond lovingly and be a good witness if and when those comments do come...

All in all, it was a really fun day. Now I look forward to checking out (and even making!) some cute dresses/tights/socks/etc. On a more serious note, it makes me start examining how I am as a wife and mother and homemaker-

How do I treat my husband? Do I honor him and speak to him respectfully?


How do I take care of the house?


How do I treat my children?


For goodness sakes, can I make bread that doesn't come out like a lead ball?!


I want to raise Godly children, but now I start to realize that this child is going to be a future woman and what pair of glasses do I want her to step out into her life with? A worldly pair or a Godly pair? It is amazing how being pregnant and having a child of your same sex can fill your mind with these deep thoughts... They are a sobering thoughts, and far more important than cute dresses or tights with those little ruffles on them. The dresses are still pretty cute, though. ;)

4 comments:

Abigail said...

WOOOHOOO! Girls are fun, too, you know, and it's about time you started to even the balance out a bit! :) I liked your thoughts on the qualities that a mother to a girl should develop. As a mom to three of them, I fail so often in these areas, and it serves as a reminder about how important my actions are in training them up to live as daughters of God.

Full of Grace said...

As for what I know of you Michelle, you seem to be doing a great job at being a godly role model for your childen, whether it be boys or girls! I don't think you have to be worried, you seem to be doing a wonderful job so far!

Congratulations on the GIRL!!! :) Dresses and bonnets are pretty cute, I agree!!! :)

Rebecca said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS! I am just so tickled with your news.

When I read your post, I smiled to myself because I remember thoughts like that for Corynn. And then with Andrew, I REALLY was concerned. How would I be able to teach and raise a boy to become a godly man when I am a woman, think like a woman, act like a woman, etc.

The Lord will not give you more than you can handle and I think you are very wise to be having some introspection. That alone, shows me (and should you) that you will do MORE than fine-you will do wonderfully!

I am just so happy for you. I think this bit of news warrents a REAL bonafide letter (and goodie!) Congratulations to you and Dave!

A GIRL! Yay!

Rebecca said...

Ps-about the 'being done' comments...they will happen. Goodness knows, I have heard them MANY a time! I am still trying to figure out the best ways to respond so if you come up with any....