After that excursion, we walked around the city for a bit, got some Barbadian dollars (you know Dave and coins!), and bought some neat glassware and pottery. At the end of all that, though, we were really happy to get back on the ship. Did I mention we aren't city lovers?
Bridgetown is so named because there are three bridges one after another in the center of town.
A WWI memorial in the center of Bridgetown.
Dapper policmen keeping the streets of Bridgetown safe.
A pretty blue building. I saw the sign, which said something about "Book making", and thought, "Ah, what a cute publishing house!" Dave informed me that it is a bookie place (and not the Barnes and Noble kind). Oh, well.
1 comment:
I don't blame ya~the country seems so much more magnificent. Cities are pretty much the same anywhere. People out and about. Stores. Big blue bookie buildings.... :-)
Post a Comment