Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Slimed





The Indian stood no chance...


On a rainy, dreary day, I found a long-ago, tucked away recipe that brought a good hour of joy to the kids. Slime. Dyed with a ton of food dye and made with a secret ingredient: psyllium powder.

I had a tiny bag of it on hand for a raw food recipe for pumpkin pie- an experiment I have still not braved. So, I decided to use it for the slime experiement. It worked great! It just doesn't store well (which I learned, unfortunately, the hard way...)

Unless you have gone to a health food store and purchased the powder (like I did), the name you will find it under is Metamucil. Yes, you read that right. Metamucil. Just don't think about it too much and all will be well. :D









2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Brave Mama! I am one of those BAD mama's that never do fun things like sliming kids (you) or mud swimming (Abby)

BAD Mama, I am.

I can see the slime was a BIG hit!

Abigail said...

Mmmmmm.

And I'm a big, bad mama, too. I'm always impressed with the cool things you do for and make with your children.